Warm and dry out hacking
Every day riding/schooling
Clean and dry while warming up before competitions
Protect your legs from branch’s and brambles
Help prevent chilblains
Keep your saddle clean & dry
- 100% Wool lined pockets
- High supporting waistband
- Hi – Visibility piping
- 100% genuine leather buckle mounts to fasten and adjust size
- Wrap around design
- Fits easily over jodhpurs, jeans or leggings.
- Leg straps
- Waxed cotton -100% cotton
- Linings – 65% cotton 35% polyester
- Nouvelle Habit exclusive rose motif lining – 100% organic cotton
- Weighted to optimise stability
Nouvelle Habit sells to all UK locations, for all orders outside of the UK please contact our team.
Our riding skirts are designed to fit as an elegant and protective overskirt; the buckles at the front allow for size adjustment.
The skirt waist sits on the waistline, just on or below the belly button. The weight of the skirt allows it to sit comfortably on the hips and over the natural curve of the body.
Each skirt ranges between two sizes (see chart) when the skirt is done up at its tightest it is at its lowest size.
||(24″ lowest) 6 – 8
||(26″ lowest) 8 – 10
||(28″ lowest) 10 – 12
||(30″ lowest) 12 -14
||(32″ lowest) 14 -16
||(34″ lowest) 16 – 18
Waxed cotton Explained
We use Traditional English Waxed Cotton.
The wax cotton fabric is waterproof but wherever the fabric is stitched there is a possibility it will allow water in. If you find that there is a leak in your skirt you can easily touch up the area with the wax dressing provided.
How to re-wax using waxed cotton dressing
- Using a damp sponge clean of any excess dirt from the waxed cotton.
- Place your tin of wax cotton dressing in hot water to soften it.
- Apply thinly with a clean cloth to you waxed cotton.
- Paying extra attention to seams, pocket edges and any particularly worn areas.
Regular reproofing will help maintain the waxed cotton and prolong its life. You can use other re-waxing products as long as they are designed for, Wax cotton garments.
The best way to store you skirt, is to hang it up using the hanger at the back of the skirt. This will allow it to dry out and reduce the risk of it staying damp and mould forming.