Prototype No3

Odette riding jester in riding skirt

Minor tweaks were made to the design for prototype No3 but in all other respects, prototype No2 was built upon. This time making use of a heavy material to replicate the weight of the waxed cotton and exploring the lining it to get an accurate idea of the finished look and feel…

I decided to use some of my mums old cotton curtains; they were the perfect weight and were going to be thrown out had I not rescued them from their fate. Waste not – want not.

As soon as I finished sewing prototype No3 together I set off to my stables for the first test ride, time to see if my design was working!

I had my doubts about parts of the design, but until I tried it out it was all guess work…

It was a stunning autumn day with beautiful shadows and sunshine. I felt so good to ride my horse ‘Jester wearing my design. My dream was inching ever closer.

However, my educated guesses were right. Where I thought the design might not quite work came true. Most importantly I didn’t think prototype No3 would keep you dry enough.

Nonetheless this was good progress and I had plenty of ideas to try out on the next prototype.


Subscribe for email updates

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.